A list of my most recent published works here. Most of these focus on historic preservation issues in Phoenix, which is a good cause.
If you have any comments, good or bad, you can email
* Shared office piece on Phoenix architecture, public radio magazine Wavelength, upcoming.
* Old Buildings, New Tricks, piece on adaptive reuse in Phoenix architecture, public radio magazine Wavelength, Spring 2010.
* The Sounds of Science, acoustics piece on the Kerr Cultural Center and the Chandler Civic Center, public radio magazine Wavelength, Winter 2009.
* Korva Coleman interview Local Girl Made Good, public radio magazine Wavelength, Summer 2009
* A Talent for Transparency, on Phoenix architect Fred Guirey, Modern Phoenix online publication, March 2009.
* Blaine Drake, Modern Phoenix online publication, Fall 2008.
* Landsbanki Headquarters in Reykjavik (short piece on OWP/P Icelandic competition entry), Desert Living.
* Museum of the West (short piece on Eddie Jones's Scottsdale museum design), Desert Living.
* Art All Around (on Phoenix-area public art), public radio magazine Wavelength, Fall 2008.
* Meet Dr. Rossman (on architect and structural engineer Dr. Wendell Rossman), Desert Living, July / August 2008.
* Light Rail Architecture Tour, One Hundred Degrees of Design annual feature, Desert Living, July / August 2008.
* Beyond Geo-Dome (on Buckminster Fuller), Java Magazine, July 2008.
* Holy Houses! Midcentury Modern Churches
* (Untitled) (original photomontage accompanying the article "Blueprint for the 21st Century" by Sir Norman Foster), Modern Painters, June 2008.
* Modern for the Market (on the Schreiber brothers), Modern Phoenix online publication, spring 2008.
* Modernland (on Phoenix Modern architecture), public radio magazine Wavelength, Spring 2008.
* (Untitled) (original photomontage accompanying the article "If You Could Change the World" by C.C. Sullivan and Mark McMenamin), Interior Design, March 2008.
* Turn Up the Volumes (on Phoenix branch libraries), Desert Living, March 2008.
* Dr. Aureliano Urrutia's Gates (on Dr. Urrutia
in San Antonio), Texas
Escapes Online Magazine, September, 2007.
* Change of Art (on the Phoenix Art Museum renovation), Desert Living, March 2007.
* Banking on Progress: The History and Future of the Valley National Bank Buildings, Modern Phoenix online publication, Fall 2006.
* Picture Perfect (on Michael P. Johnson), Desert Living, November 2006.
* (title tbd) (article on Phoenix architect Kym Billington and CCGB), Desert Living, October 2006.
* 100 Places We Love, One Hundred Degrees of Design annual feature (contributor) Desert Living, July / August 2006.
Citations and Radio Interviews:
* Interviewed for Greek Ruins on the architectural history of ASU's Greek Row, by Robrt Pela, Phoenix New Times, July 28, 2009.
* Interviewed for Mountain Bell building article, by Richard Nilsen, Arizona Republic, June 24, 2008.
* Interviewed for Robrt L. Pela finds some of the area's most intriguing architecture at old Valley National Bank branches, Phoenix New Times, February 7, 2008.
* Interviewed for Phoenix the Final Frontier, by Robrt Pela, Phoenix New Times, September 20, 2007.
* Radio interview, The Future of the "Mushroom" Bank with host Rene Gutel, KJZZ, Phoenix, June 2007.
* Radio interview on residential design size, These Days with host Tom Fudge, KPBS, San Diego, May 2005.
* Interviewed for "Space," on residential home sizes, Sean Mitchell, Los Angeles Times, April 28, 2005
All material copyright 1995 - 2008 Walt Lockley. All rights reserved.